TEAM LEADER RESEARCH & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
|Bedrijf||Toray Advanced Composites|
|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
Team Leader – Research & Product Development
Toray Advanced Composites is a leading supplier of thermoset and thermoplastic composite materials. These materials are used for the production of lightweight constructions in the latest generation of aircraft as well as the satellite and space industry. In 1972 we started as TenCate Advanced Composites and in July 2018 we are acquired by Toray Industries Inc. a Japanese multinational company which is a leader in our industry.
We are seeking a motivated, proactive team leader for the Research & Product Development team located in Nijverdal.
You are part of the global Research & Product Development team. As team leader Nijverdal you are responsible for a team of 5+ colleagues.
With this team you are driving the development of thermoplastic composites in line with the current and future market needs; driving mobility towards a sustainable future by lightweight materials and solutions.
For the developments the team is interacting extensively with the different disciplines within the Toray group as well as cooperation with external institutes, partners and customers.
In this way, the team strives to obtain a fundamental understanding of the relation between materials, processes and design to .
Location will be in Nijverdal, the Netherlands.
The Team Leader Product Development core responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of the product development team.
- Initiate and lead technology developments globally.
- Develop and implement the product development plan.
- For the benefit of the development of new applications you define the opportunities for existing and new technologies.
- You take care of the coordination development programs. In these efforts, you will work closely with external parties on the one hand and, on the other hand, internal departments such as Sales & Marketing, Operations etc.
- Participates in external (International) research projects; internally and with third parties.
- You can signal developments in the market and in technology and translates this in to the internal organization.
- Master level, preferably in the direction of Material Engineering or chemistry.
- Responsible, creative, analytic thinking, enthusiastic and self-starting.
- Background in the field of composites is beneficial.
- Capable of communicating trough the different levels and disciplines within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written skills.
- Proven track record in product development.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
What can we offer you as a Team Leader Product Development?
At Toray Advanced Composites you are going to work in an enthusiastic team in an innovative, dynamic and international environment.
Next to that we can offer you :
- A salary in line with the market, the amount depends on relevant work experience, based on a 40-hour working week.
- 23 vacation days and 19 ADV days on an annual basis.
- Good secondary employment conditions.
- Travel allowance.
If you are interested in this job and consider yourself competent for this position, please email your letter of motivation and résumé to Nicole Rodijk, HR Manager Toray Advanced Composites: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information regarding the content of the job, please contact Mr. Hans Luinge, Director Research & Product Development Thermoplastic Composites; phone +31 (0612977067
Acquisition is not appreciated.