|Aantal uren per week||40 uur|
We are looking for an Environmental Manager.
Purpose of the job
As an Environmental Manager you are on top of the environmental (waste, water and emissions) risks and issues. You ensure compliance with the laws and internal standards and you introduce sustainable environmental solutions and initiatives that make our activities more respectful with the environment. You also work to mitigate the environmental risk of our activities. You will report to the Plant Manager.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Translate and implement Bunge's environmental standards into effective and practical local processes, procedures and practices;
- Develop and monitor the operational control of the environmental management system of the plant considering all vectors / environmental aspects (water, emissions, waste, noise, soil, etc.);
- Define and plan the controls derived from environmental requirements, significant aspects and standards of the company;
- Evaluate compliance with environmental legislation;
- Sustainability programs follow-up and optimization;
- Develop and monitor energy efficiency tracking and improvement programs;
- Plant representative for the CO2 emissions controlling, verification and trade;
- Take the lead in projects regarding energy and CO2 emission efficiency;
- Carry out the elaboration and update of the environmental risk map of the plant;
- Identify, evaluate and update the inventory of environmental aspects of the factory;
- Provide environmental training to the rest of the plant team to train specific skills and behaviours to reduce environmental risk and environmental impact;
- Perform environmental formalities required by the Competent Administration;
- Ensure an effective process to report and investigate accidents, incidents or potential environmental impact situations, support the investigations of the cases and follow up on the actions taken;
- Develop, update and maintain an effective process to inform the environmental indicators derived from the environmental pyramid;
- Participate in audits of the environmental and sustainability system and follow up on derivative actions;
- Control the wastewater.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor or Master degree;
- A technical engineer with a specialty in chemistry or environmental or a graduate in chemical or environmental sciences;
- Experience in ISO 14001 and Sustainability systems (ISS, 2BSvs);
- Knowledge of environmental legislation from European Union, Country and region;
- Fluency in English and Dutch, both written and spoken, is required.
What do you bring to the job?
As an Environmental Manager you are a real problem solver, pro-active and hands on. Furthermore you are an analytical thinker, a strong personality and stress resistant. You are able to make decisions and influence others. Of course you are entrepreneurial, a team player and flexible. You also have the sensitivity and thus natural way of working with different cultures.
For more information you can reach out to Poyan Azar (Talent Acquisition Specialist, email@example.com) or visit http://europe.bungeloders.com/. You can apply via the ''Apply'' button.
Agencies are not appreciated at the moment